The International Training and Methodology Centre for Financial Monitoring (ITMCFM) was established by the Russian Federal Financial Monitoring service (Rosfinmonitoring) in accordance of the Decree of Russian Federation Government dated 21 November 2005 No 1989.
Information about the founder
The Federal Financial Monitoring Service (Rosfinmonitoring) is a federal executive body responsible for combating money laundering and terrorist financing; developing and implementing state policies and regulatory/legal frameworks in this area; coordinating relevant activities of other federal executive bodies; as well as acting as a national center for the assessment of threats to national security arising from money laundering, financing of terrorism and proliferation of weapons of mass destruction and for the development of measures to counter these threats.
Established in accordance with the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation dated 9 March 2004 No 314 «Issue on structure of the federal executive bodies» as the result of the reform of Financial Monitoring Committee of the Russian Federation (CFM of Russia) which was established on November 1, 2001 according to the Decree of the President of Russian Federation No 1263 «On the Authorized Agency on Combating Legalization (Laundering) of Proceeds from Crime and Financing of Terrorism» and it became operational on February 1, 2002.
The Federal Financial Monitoring Service reports directly to the President of the Russian Federation.
Objectives of activity of ITMCFM
The purpose of the activity of ITMCFM in accordance with the Russian Federation Government Decree No. 1072-r of June 1, 2016, ensure the participation of the Russian Federation in the activities of the Financial Action Task Force on Money Laundering (FATF), FATF-style regional body, including the Eurasian Group on Combating Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism (EAG), the Egmont Group of Financial Intelligence Units, The Council of Heads of the Financial Intelligence Units of CIS Member States (CHFIU CIS) and other international organizations dealing with the issues of countering the legal issues laundering of proceeds from crime and financing of terrorism, included:
- organization and development of educational-methodical events on the issue of combating money laundering and financing of terrorism (AML/CFT), including through the implementation of educational programs of additional professional education;
- organization and realization activities of scientific research, evaluation and expertise in the field of combating money laundering and financing of terrorism (AML/CFT);
- information support of the international activities of the Russian Federation in the field of combating money laundering and financing of terrorism (AML/CFT);
- providing technical assistance to the Russian Federation's partner countries by transferring knowledge and experience for the development of institutional and human resources capacity in the area of combating money laundering and financing of terrorism (AML/CFT), including the formation of technological infrastructure and ensuring the participation of representatives of these states in international events;
- conducting professional public accreditation of professional educational programs in the field of combating money laundering and financing of terrorism (AML/CFT).