The International Training and Methodology Centre for Financial Monitoring (ITMCFM) organizes research activities taking into account the requirements of the federal laws of the Russian Federation "On Science and State Scientific and Technical Policy", "On Education in the Russian Federation", resolutions of the Government of the Russian Federation, other legislative and regulatory acts, the Charter of the ITMCFM, Regulations on the Department for Coordination of Scientific and Educational Programs and Regulations on the Research Activities of the ITMCFM.
The ITMCFM organizes research activities based on an annual plan formed taking into account the proposals submitted by the members of the ITMCFM Expert and Methodological Council (EMC), financial intelligence units of the CIS and EAG member states, as well as according to the results of trend monitoring, identification of promising areas of research, analytical studies and development of training and research materials in the field of AML/CFT.
The results of research activities are used:
- in practical activities of financial intelligence units of the EAG and CIS member states;
- in practical activities of law enforcement and supervisory authorities;
- in practical activities of organizations that carry out transactions with monetary funds or other assets;
- in development of training and educational programs;
- in implementation of training events (training courses, seminars, round tables, conferences, etc.);
- in preparation of reports, speeches for research events, scientific and practical conferences;
- in other formats that have received practical application.